Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Blah Blah and more boring things on the first day of school!

WALT - Understand what is needed for Persuasive Writing 

As most of you all know how it goes, when a Term ends and another Term starts ( for Pt England school ) we continuously begin with an immersion assembly. An immersion assembly means that the management team ( The staff ) prefers a theme for Pt England school and so we use it during the term. Our theme for term 3 is Something in the water - He mea I roto I te wai.

On the 22nd of July, we had an immersion assembly, walking through the breeze I could smell something delicious but when I sat down. The plate was coming towards me It smelt nice but I had no appetite to eat then we had video clips of performances to what we are learning this term
From team 1 to team 5 we either have a performance to show or have a video clip. Each team has a different thing they are learning about but has the same theme which is something’s in the water. It always goes in order of what the teams are learning about.

From what I could see and understand from watching team one’s video clip, there’s this team called S.O.F.A which stands for solutions for animals ( The O is just for fun ). They help animals. Like the last semester ( Term ) how they helped the bees. Instead of the bees dying, team 1 was trying to make them survive. So they are learning about saving animals.

Team 2 had a video clip That showed teachers walking alongside the lake in Tahuna Torea reserve they walked along the beach and saw a couple a sea fish they talked about what kind of fish it is, and what it does.

Team three's video clip was kind of interesting because there was only one character ( Romona ) and a few fishes talking. Romona was talking to the fishes asking them would they be the perfect sea animal to look after the sea and the animals in it.

I was gonna fall asleep by the time I was watching team 4s video It was boring at first but once I kept my big eyes on the screen I was really interested in it. They stood on this rock at Pt England beach and saw some fish swimming in the sea. talked about how many incredible things it can do Is it big, small.

and lastly, Team five ( That kept me swaying side to side ) had performed on stage, representing the 5 things that are in a cell, which are called Cell ( Obviously ) Nucleus, Chromosome, DNA, and Gene. They even sang a song that included all fives things.


On the 22nd of July, we had an immersion assembly, walking through the breeze I could smell something delicious but when I sat down. The plate was coming towards me It smelt nice but I had no appetite to eat then we had video clips of performances to what we are learning this term

TASK DESCRIPTION - Room three have been focusing on writing a template about an immersion assembly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment