Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Matariki light trail


Image result for matariki light trail glen innesMatariki YAY!!  It has come to the time where people celebrate the seven stars known as the seven sisters of Matariki. Each Year there is a light trail in Glen Innes, Maybury Reserve and every year my family and I go. Some years they use the same lights and some years they put up new ones but Matariki is one of the biggest events that happens in Glen Innes every year. People come from everywhere to see the light trail and some performances. My siblings and I go to the holiday programme at the Glen Innes public library and they let us do activities about Matariki and explain what Matariki is.
Saturday 13th july 2019 is the last day of the light trail and is the day of the fireworks, I recommend your family and yourself to come along and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Monika! Did you and your family manage to get along to the light trail? It's great that you've written about it here - I saw these glowing jelly fish on Saturday evening just before the fireworks display. It was amazing! I'm thrilled to read that you had time at the holiday programme at our local library! Well done Monika, so good that you're still learning about some precious parts of being a child of Aotearoa. Kia manuia!

    ReplyDelete